“The natural setting, quality of the facilities, service, fascinating architecture and general ambiance of the Liquid Jungle Lab are absolutely unique to this region and located only 10 minutes navigation from the center of the Coiba National Park”
The remote private island of Isla Canales del Tierra (Isla Simca) lies just outside the eastern most limits of the Coiba National Park. Perched high above the shore line and surrounded by dense lowland tropical humid forest, the Liquid Jungle Lab (LJL) is a state of the art, working, scientific lab and field station.
The (LJL) seeks to merge traditional scientific research with technology to improve the understanding of ocean and terrestrial sciences and advance conservation ecology. An international group of scientists and students from around the world use the marine lab facilities to conduct their multi-disciplinary research.
Using the LJL as our base, we offer complete packages, accommodations, full board and all none alcoholic beverages. In addition to a full menu of dive tours and dive classes to choose from and a range of other natural adventure activities to explore this fascinating area. Sea Kayaking, Guided Jungle Trekking and local snorkeling are included in your daily rate.
At the Liquid Jungle Lab we offer our guests a completely “one off” experience! Spend your time diving and exploring the region or even relaxing, as apposed to long boat journeys to and from the Coiba National Park from other points on the coast!
The LJL spacious accommodations include:
- 4 x Single Rooms
- 2 x Double Rooms
- I x Family room sleep 4 people.
- 2 x Dormitory rooms sleeping up to 6 people, with en-suite showers and toilets.
All rooms are spacious and have en-suite bathrooms, AC, Hot Water and Ceiling Fans
- Large Dinning area with outside terrace
- Large Lounge/TV Room with Sat and Apple TV.
- Extensive movie library with 3000+ movies.
- Office with Lecture facilities with projector.
- Fully Equipped Medical Clinic staffed 24/7.
- Extensive, well equipped Dive Locker with Compressor and charging facilities.
Our well-equipped Dive Program at the LJL falls in line with the strict guidelines of the American Academy of Underwater Sciences, (AAUS) criteria as far as safety, operational standards, equipment and air quality are concerned.
Additional Guided Tours available:
- Full or half-day Inshore sports fishing.
- Full day visit to Coiba Island, Snorkeling, Trekking visits to Historical and Cultural sites.
- Whale Watching (August to October)
- Horseback trekking and Nature observation.
Included in your Daily Rate.
- Full Board, including all meals and packed lunches.
- All none Alcoholic beverages.
- Use of Sea kayaks.
- Local Snorkeling tours
- Guided Jungle trekking.
Cost per person per night at the LJL is $250 including full board and soft drinks.
- Dive Tours and Dive Courses
- Alcoholic Beverages.
- Additional Tours.
- Coiba National Park Entrance Fees.
- Panamanian Taxes.
This is an absolutely unique opportunity to access the Coiba National Park and discover the wild and beautiful coastline of the national parks Buffer Zone!